DURAPLEX is a continuously processed impact modified acrylic sheet that offers superior impact strength. Ideal applications include displays, skylights, signage, windows, doors and any indoor/outdoor application where durability is needed. Custom and non-stock items available.
40% impact modified acrylic is:
- 5 to 6 times stronger than general-purpose acrylic.
- 10 to 15 times stronger than double strength window glass.
- 20 to 30 times stronger than polished wire glass or other glasses.
100% impact modified acrylic is:
- 10 times stronger than general-purpose acrylic. Approximately 20 to 30 times stronger than double strength window glass. Approximately 40 to 50 times stronger than polished wire glass or other glasses.
- DURAPLEX is excellent for handling—less breakage in shipment.
- Economical alternative to Polycarbonate—advantages are weatherability and thermoforming. No drying required.
- Wide range of forming temperatures 275°–375°. Easy to form with short cycles.
- Low orientation—low shrink for drape or clamp forming.
- Custom Impact blends offered:10%, 15%, 25%, 35%, 40%, 50%, 75%, or 100% or any blend needed.
- Thicknesses .040"–.500"; widths up to 104".
- Offered in clear, colors, patterns, and Run-to-Size.
- Available in flat sheet or roll stock