General Purpose | Brands | Laird Plastics
Acetal - Rod
Acetal Sheets and Acetal Rods (aka POM) acetal copolymer provides high strength and stiffness coupled with enhanced dimensional stability and ease of machining. Acetal is a general purpose, semi-crystalline engineered thermoplastics. Acetal is commonly used for parts that need to be stiff, and have low surface tension and good dimensional stability. Acetal sheets and rods have low moisture absorption which gives excellent dimensional stability for close-tolerance machined parts. Because acetal absorbs minimal amounts of moisture, its physical properties remain constant in a variety of environments. Acetal copolymer overcomes the common problem of centerline porosity in large shapes of Acetal Homopolymer (aka Delrin).
- Low moisture absorption
- High strength, stiffness
- Easy to machine
- Standard acetal is made from Copolymer resin.
- FDA & NSF Compliant.
- Mechanical gears, equipment, housing parts, chains, nuts, parts of pumps, valves, etc.
- Electrical insulations, connectors, and parts of various electronic devices.
- Medical parts, insulin pen, metered-dose inhalers, etc.
- Food industry- milk pumps. Food conveyors, etc.
- Hardware products
Acetal Copolymer is preferred to Delrin® in high-pressure applications where centerline porosity is a concern.