Trains, buses, trucks, boats and RVs are lighter weight, more durable, safer and more comfortable thanks to plastics. In both aesthetic and structural / bearing applications, plastics help you travel further for less money.
Environmental and Safety:
Considering the total carbon footprint, including costs of raw materials, manufacture, transport, fabricate, install, maintain, plastics compare favorably with more traditional materials. Also, plastics are safer to handle and install. When you consider that most plastics are readily recyclable, they can become the most environmentally responsible and safest choice for many demanding semiconductor applications.
· Marine — seating, switch board panels, relay bases, bearings, bushings, port hole windows, cabinetry, seals, trays, decking, bimini surrounds
· Marine — Cutting boards, anchor shrouds, fuel / fluid handling tubing
· Mass transit (rail car and bus) — bearings, pedestal liners, coupler carrier wear plates, brake bean guides, center bowl liners.
· Luggage compartment components, folding trays, bus windows, wall panels, mirrors, driver security glazing, air conditioning housings.
· RV — windshields, interior components, wear pads, lighting covers, body panels, hinge pins
· Trucks — dump truck liners, flooring, wear pads, step ups, light housings, covers, fan shrouds, snow plows, mud flaps, fifth wheel bearing plates