General Purpose | Brands | Laird Plastics
Nylon Extruded RodGeneral Purpose | Brands | Laird Plastics
Nylon Extruded Rod
Nylon is an extruded form of polyamide, offering rigidity, strength, wear resistance, and heat resistance to 210°F. It is commonly used in both structural and general-purpose bearing and wear applications. This material is available in natural and black. The natural material is compliant with FDA, USDA, NST, and 3A-Dairy regulations. Nylon is commonly referred to using the chemical designation “PA. Nylon is a useful plastic for applications that do require both a plastic material as well as high melting temperate. Nylon is incredibly diverse, one useful attribute is that it can be heated, cooled, reheated again without significant degradation. Nylon is often used in gears, bushing, and plastic bearings because of its inherent low-friction properties.
- High tensile strength and modulus of elasticity
- High impact resistance, a high heat distortion temperature
- Resists wear, abrasion, and vibration
- Can withstand contact with chemicals, alkalies, dilute acids or oxidizing agents.
- Alternative to brass, aluminum, steel and other metals
- Appliance parts
- Automotive parts
- Structural applications
- Thermoformed parts
- Shower/Tub surrounds
Please note, Nylon is not moisture resistant.